Tim Horton’s Fruit Exploding Muffin Recipe
Tim Horton’s fruit explosion muffins are among my absolute favorite breakfast or snacks for the afternoon. They’re soft and sweet with delicious and vibrant fruit and even the surprise of a bite of jam. It really will be the perfect “explosion” of fruity flavors.
Today we’re sharing an easy recipe that is fun and easy to make of Tim Horton’s Fruit Explosion Muffins that you can make in your own kitchen.
I love the fact that you can use any variety of berries, which means you can mix the flavors. Perhaps make a few using raspberries, some with strawberries, some with blueberries, and then a mix of all the other berries.
The most important point to keep in mind is that freshly picked raspberries may be squished when stirring the batter, which is why it’s best to make use of frozen raspberries.
For other berries, frozen or fresh will work however I have found frozen berries stand up slightly better when baking and stirring.
The secret ingredient in this recipe is the sour cream and Greek yogurt making the muffins soft and moist. The secret ingredient is the jam.
You can make any type of jam so long as isn’t too thin or too runny. I prefer jam made from raspberries or jam or marmalade. Yum!
They are good to freeze, so you can put them in the refrigerator the night prior to when you’re ready to consume them.
They can be stored in the refrigerator for some days. Simple fruity, sweet and nutritious berries What’s not to like?
Prep Time 15 minutes
Cook Time: 23 minutes
Servings of 18 muffins
Calories 197 kcal
- 1 cup of light sour or Greek yogurt
- Half cup oil from canola
- 1 cup of unsweetened applesauce
- 2 eggs 1
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1/2 cup of sugar granulated
- 1 cup of brown sugar packed
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 Cup whole wheat meal
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3 cups of mixed berries of your choice (fresh or frozen)
- 3/4 cup jam or jelly
- To begin, you must heat the oven up to 350 F. As it heats it, line three muffin pans using muffin liner, and use pans that are nonstick, and oil them well.
- In a large bowl, mix oil, sour-cream eggs, applesauce, eggs, and vanilla using a whisk. Add both sugars and mix until completely combined.
- Add the flours baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Stir until well-mixed. Add berries and fold them in.
- Pour 1 teaspoon of the batter inside the muffin liner. Then, top with 2 teaspoons of jam, and add more batter (about 1 heaping tablespoon per muffin cup. As best that you are able to.
- Bake for 23 to 25 minutes, until crispy and golden, while the cake surrounding the berries looks baked. Allow cooling to room temperature before serving. serve.
- They can be kept on the counter at room temp for up to 3 days or frozen for 3-4 months.
- Frozen raspberries are more effective than fresh raspberries since they’re more solid when stirred. Other berries such as strawberries, blueberries, and cranberries can work fresh or frozen.
If you’re a fan of fruit-infused muffins Check out Dunkin’s Protein Muffin. It’s packed with healthy ingredients like sunflower seeds blueberries, pumpkin seeds, and cranberries.
Fruit Explosion Muffins Recipe
Welcome back here at the site of Easy Healthy Recipes on Budget and Easy Healthy desserts on a Budget Today, I will show you how to make “Fruit Explosion Muffins”. I prepared this Delicious recipe just a few days ago and thoroughly loved sharing it with my family. It turned out delicious and delicious. You don’t have to worry about it!
The oven should be preheated to 400°F. Lightly grease a 12-cup muffin tin or line it with muffin paper. Mix the sugar and butter in the bowl of a mixer. Incorporate the egg, and blend until mixed. A small dish combines baking powder, flour, and salt. Mix half the mixture of flour with the butter mix.
Fruit Explosion Muffins
1/2 cup softened butter/1/3 1 egg1 cup flour2 teaspoons baking powder1/2 teaspoon salt1/2 cup water (noncholesterol or reduced-fat)1/2 1 1/2 cups strawberries cut into pieces, hulled, and chopped.
2 cups of fruit (frozen blueberries, blackberries, or raspberries) sugar to sprinkle Method to prepare 12 regular muffin tins by spraying them well with parchment-lined with. (with very little fat in the recipe, they could adhere to the paper when using regular paper lines.) *Mix dry ingredients, and place aside.
Pre-heat oven to 400 degrees. Make sure to grease (or spray with cooking spray that is non-stick) one 12-muffin muffin or cupcake pan.
A medium-sized bowl mix flour and sugar with baking powder, baking, and salt. in a bowl large enough using a fork, mix the milk, butter egg, vanilla, and flour until well blended. (careful to mix the butter and milk before adding the egg to ensure that you don’t overcook the egg. ).
Bake at 350 ° F and line the muffin pan with muffin liner (or grease them well). In a large mixing bowl combine sour cream with eggs, oil, and vanilla. Add sugar and mix completely.
Add baking powder, flours baking soda, baking powder, and salt, and mix until well-combined. Make sure to incorporate fruit.
Muffin recipes are delicious because you can experiment with them by comparing different recipes that you like and adjusting the ingredients.
This is how the muffins got their name. They began as muffins made with cranberries, and this is what you could do if you’d like. In this recipe, I’ve reduced sugar and fat and added cinnamon and orange zest.