Olive Garden Minestrone Soup
This recipe requires many ingredients, yet it’s an extremely simple recipe with Italian flavor. It’s easy and tasty and is the ideal soup to serve with a vegetarian meal. The soup takes just 30-minutes to prepare. However, you can also cook this soup using a slow cooker over up to a couple of hours. Look over our tips and suggestions below for the recipe’s the proper use of the slow cooker.
It is possible to serve the minestrone soup as an appetizer, as a side dish, or even as a main course. I usually make it with salad and freshly baked garlic bread.
Prep Time 15 minutes
Cook Time 30 Mins
Calories 204 kcal
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 cup white onion chopped
- 1/2 cup celery, diced
- 1/2 cup carrots peeled, diced
- 1 zucchini, diced
- 2 1 tsp minced garlic
- 14 OZ canned diced tomatoes
- 32 oz vegetable stock
- 1 leaf from a bay
- 1 1/2 Tbsp Italian seasoning
- 2 tbsp tomato paste
- 15 oz of canned tiny white beans rinsed and drained
- 15 Oz canned kidney beans rinsed and drained
- 1 cup frozen green beans
- 1/2 cup of small shell-shaped pasta
- salt and pepper as desired
- Parsley to garnish
- freshly grated parmesan cheese is a great garnish
- First cook the oil with olives in a huge stockpot at medium-high temperature.
- Once the oil is heated and the onions are cooked, add the carrots, celery, and garlic. Add some salt to make the vegetables sweat. In the oven, cook them for three to five minutes until they are soft.
- Then add canned tomatoes along with tomato paste, vegetable broth, Italian seasoning, and the bay leaf into the pot. Bring to a boil and then reduce the heat to simmer.
- Add white beans, kidney beans, beans for greens zucchini, and pasta. Cook over a period of 10 to 15 mins or so until pasta and the vegetables are tender.
- Add salt and black pepper to your dish.
- Place the bowl in your serving dish and decorate with parmesan cheese and parsley.
- You can roast diced tomatoes to make an additional flavor.
- If you’ve got leftover vegetables in your fridge, think about including them in this recipe.
- The soup can be easily cooked with the help of a slow cooker. Just add all ingredients to the slow cooker with the exception of the spinach, pasta, and parsley, and then let it simmer for about 4-6 hours in a low setting. Mix in the spinach and pasta, and then let the soup simmer for another 20-30 minutes or to cook until the pasta has become cooked. Sprinkle the soup with parmesan and chopped parsley and serve.
While restaurants are transitioning to takeout and delivery services right now, Olive Garden is rolling out their curbside buying-one-take-one-to-go meal deal. Customers can pick the “hot and ready to eat” main dish, soup as well as salad, breadsticks, and a second meal that is chilled and ready to cook later.
OLIVE GARDEN MINESTRONE SOUP
It’s quite cold today, this Copycat Olive Garden Minestrone Soup Recipe is perfect to have along with our Copycat Olive Garden Salad, and Dressing as dinner.
I put together a large pot last night and it was absolutely delicious I’m thinking that leftovers are appropriate. I like to grab soup and salad whenever we dine out.
One of my most favorite restaurants for soup and salad I love is Olive Garden. They serve the best soups, and I’m in love with their salads too!
Going out to eat in the olive Garden is not very common for us because we don’t have one in our part of town. Sometimes for birthdays anniversary, birthdays, etc., we’ll go towards Olive Garden for lunch or dinner.
The olive oil is heated over medium-high temperature in a large stockpot.
Saute onions, celery carrots, and zucchini until the onions are clear.
Add green beans, garlic, and tomato paste, and stir.
Mix the broth with hot water, and red wine and mix thoroughly.
Add beans, tomatoes, and spices.
Bring to a simmer, then lower the heat, cover, and let allow to simmer for 45 minutes.
Get rid of the bay leaf.
Add pasta and spinach, and cook for another 30 minutes.
If you’re similar to me, you’ll soon be taking a sip of soup long before it’s even had the chance to cook. The house will smell delicious and you’ll need to dip into it the soup!
If you want to take a trip to Olive Garden at Home be certain to prepare the Copycat Olive Garden Minestrone Soup and a Copycat Olive Garden Salad and Dressing in your home. It’s a great way to save money. It’s also a fantastic light soup to serve during the summer months
What is the most popular soup at Olive Garden?