Copycat Recipe: KFC’s Famous Coleslaw
KFC’s Famous Coleslaw: The KFC coleslaw is frequently copied however, it’s difficult to duplicate precisely. Perhaps it’s some connection to those little red containers? Whatever the reason we believe this recipe is very similar to the secret recipe of the Colonel’s coleslaw however it is.
It’s incredibly inexpensive to make, delicious and pairs well with – or even on! Everything.
|Serves||Prep Time||Cook Time||Total Time|
|9||15 min||15 min||4 h 30 min|
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1/4 cup buttermilk
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 tbs apple cider vinegar
- 2 and 1/2 tbsp lemon juice
- 1/2 head of cabbage
- 1 medium carrot
- 1/4 medium yellow onion
- Salt & pepper (to taste)
- Cut and shred the carrot and cabbage (about equal to the grain of rice) for each) and then finely chop the onion. Then, mix all vegetables in one large bowl.
- Within a large bowl mix together mayo, milk sugar, buttermilk, as well as lemon juice. Mix dressing into a veggie mix bowl, and mix to coat vegetables thoroughly.
- Cover the bowl and place it in the refrigerator for at least 4 hours.
- Stir again prior to serving.
|Amount per serving|
|% Daily Value*|
|Total Fat 4.6g||6%|
|Saturated Fat 0.8g||4%|
|Total Carbohydrate 14.8g||5%|
|Dietary Fiber 1.3g||5%|
|Total Sugars 11.1g|
|Vitamin D 0mcg||0%|
|*The % Daily Value (DV) tells you how much a nutrient in a food serving contributes to a daily diet. 2,000 calories a day is used for general nutrition advice.|
- If the slaw comes out too watery, you can leave the cabbage in a colander for about an hour and that’ll reduce some of the water.
- You can store it in your fridge with a tight lid for up to five days!
What does KFC coleslaw contain?
KFC’s website lists all the ingredients for coleslaw. KFC site lists the ingredients of its coleslaw.
It includes chopped cabbage, onions, carrots; sugar, water, soybean oil, and distilled vinegar. It also contains corn syrup food starch; whole eggs, salt, spice; corn vinegar apple cider vinegar, and the spice paprika.
It also has synthetic and natural flavors.
Does KFC coleslaw contain mayonnaise?
Get the ingredients together to make KFC coleslaw.
It’s all you need is just a few ingredients: carrot, cabbage, and onion, sugar, mayonnaise as well as canola oil, apple cider vinegar pepper, and xanthan gum. At the end of the day, the mixes are made up of chopped carrots and cabbage and sometimes onions too.
What is Popeyes coleslaw made of?
Contrary to other coleslaw recipes Popeye’s Coleslaw dressing isn’t made with lemon juice or buttermilk. The dressing is still bursting with flavor thanks to the sweetness of sweet pickle relish and dill relish and white vinegar A bit of sugar and a lot of mayonnaise make it an almost sweet, creamy coleslaw.