Jack in the Box Jumbo Jack Recipe
Jack in the Box Jumbo Jack Recipe is a classic burger that you can get at Jack in the Box. It’s made of the all-beef patty, topped with tomato, lettuce, and chopped onions, pickles, and mayonnaise sauce served on a buttery bread roll.
Jumbo Jack Jumbo Jack is Jack in the Box’s version of McDonald’s Big Mac and it was thought to be one of the biggest hamburgers sold in the fast-food industry when it was first introduced in 1971.
Of course, there are lots of rivalries, however, the classics will always be classics.
If you’d like to bypass the drive-thru line and make the perfect Jumbo Jack at your home, here’s an easy recipe to give away.
It’s just 30 mins to cook 4 burgers. You’ll be amazed by the freshness of the flavor and the ease of the process.
The most crucial part of this recipe’s sauce. If you’d like the flavor of your Jumbo Jack to taste like the original, make certain to mix the sauce before storing it in the fridge for at least one hour prior to spreading it on your hamburgers. This recipe requires hamburger buns that are regular, however, you could also use Sesame Seed buns.
Jumbo Jack Recipe
Prep Time 10 mins
Cook Time 20 mins
Calories 465 kcal
For the Burger
- 1 lb ground beef
- 4 hamburger buns
- 8 slices of tomato
- 1 finely chopped white onion
- 8 pickle slices
- 8 lettuce leaves
- 2 tsp salt
- 2 tsp ground pepper
For the Sauce
- 4 tbsp mayonnaise
- 1/2 tsp lemon juice
- 1 tsp onion powder
- dash of sugar
For the Sauce
Simply mix all of the sauce ingredients into a bowl. Cover the bowl and place it in the refrigerator at least one hour before serving.
For the Burger
First, preheat an electric griddle to 400 degrees. Toast your buns by laying them face down on the griddle for about a minute, and set aside.
- Form the ground beef into thin patties, slightly larger than the bun. Cook patties on the hot griddle for 2 to 3 min per side. Pinch a bit of salt and pepper and sprinkle it over each patty.
- Once the patties have cooked, it’s time to assemble the burgers. Take the bottom bun and spread the sauce over it. Then stack the ingredients in the following order: 1 beef patty, 2 tomato slices, 2 lettuce leaves, 2 pickles, a handful of diced onions, and a top bun. Serve hot and enjoy.
- If you’d like to turn this into a Jumbo Jack Cheeseburger, simply sandwich your meat patty between two slices of American cheese.
- Double the amount of meat if you want to make a Double Jack.
Photo by Jack in the Box
Looking for inspiration on what to serve with your Jumbo Jack? Check out Jack in the Box’s Secret Menu.
Jack in the Box secret sauce recipe
The Jack in the Box secret sauce packet is a magical yet not too unsettling combination of ingredients that many people keep in their refrigerator door.
This Jack in the Box secret sauce is a basic mix of mustard, ketchup, mayonnaise A1 steak sauce Worcestershire sauce, and a pinch of hot sauce. The addition of dehydrated onions and xanthan gum gives it the flavor of the original.
The ingredients in the sauce are not a secret. Jack in the Box makes the list of ingredients used in every product they offer. It is accessible through a link that is with the words “ingredients” at the bottom of the page. If you’ve read the labels on food items often, it’s simple to determine the different ingredients that make up the sauce. The remaining ingredients can be combined in the correct proportions.
- Mayonnaise is made up of eggs, soybean oil, and vinegar.
- Ketchup is made up of tomato paste and vinegar, and corn syrup.
- The mustard seeds are vinegar, and the spice turmeric (for color)
- A1 is the one regular sauce that makes use of an orange puree and raisin paste.
- Worcestershire is the only popular sauce that combines molasses with the tamarind
- Hot sauce is made of red vinegar, peppers, and salt.
The one ingredient that’s not found in any of the above recipes is dried onion.