Healthiest Pizza Places to Satisfy Your Cravings
If you’re trying to eat healthily, you may have avoided pizza and the “p-word” for quite some period of time. It’s about reconsidering the benefits pizza can provide. We’ve put together an exhaustive list of the healthiest pizza joints and our top picks from every one of them.
When it comes to pizza, there’s no anxiety, no more avoiding, and plenty more pleasure (and vegetables).
Healthy Choice of Blaze Pizza: Veg Out
Ingredients: Red sauce gorgonzola, mozzarella Red onions, zucchini
Nutrition 130 calories per slice 6-grams of protein 1 milligram of sugar
Blaze Pizza is one of the best pizza restaurants with fresh ingredients and the option of making yourself a pizza (BYO). With such freedom, you can decide whether you’d prefer to go all-out with veggies or fill your pizza up with cheese.
Healthy Pick from Pieology: Spicy Italian Pizza
Ingredients: Basil, crushed red pepper, garlic, red sauce, salami, sea salt, mozzarella cheese, spicy Italian sausage
Nutrition 64 calories for each slice. 3.7 grams protein and .3 grams of sugar
If you’re fortunate enough to find a Pieology in your city You’ll know that it’s among the best pizza spots with the finest high-quality ingredients. Like Blaze Pizza, you can design your own pie or choose any from the “Chef-Inspired Pizzas.”
Healthy Select From Domino’s: Veggie and Chicken Pizza
Ingredients: Chicken, spinach, tomatoes, black olives, mozzarella cheese
Dietary Guidelines: Nutritional Information: 185 calories for a slice 10g of protein two grams of sugar
It is a Veggie and Chicken Pizza is part of Domino’s ” Lighten Up” pizza range and offers alternatives that are healthy, such as Pizza with Veggies, the Veggie Pizza, the Chicken, Green Pepper, and Onion Pizza, the Chicken and Ham Pizza as well as Pizza with Ham and Pineapple Pizza. Each pizza contains less cheese than standard and is packed with veggies and lean meat.
California Pizza Kitchen
Healthy Pick from California Pizza Kitchen: California Veggie
Ingrédients Broccoli (eggs), mushrooms, broccoli red onions, corn sun-dried tomato, and mozzarella
Nutrition 180 calories for a slice 8 grams protein and 3 grams of sugar
You might recognize CPK in the freezer food aisle of the grocery store, however, unless you’re near one you may not be aware that they have hot pizzas in their own restaurant. California Pizza Kitchen offers many more options than healthy pizza, however. The menu offers small plates appetizers, flatbreads, salads, soups, and main plates, as well as pasta.
And for those trying to cut back on carbs, California Pizza Kitchen now offers a cauliflower crust for a small charge.
Healthy Pick from Pizza Hut: Veggie Lover’s Thin N’ Crispy Pizza
Ingredients: Onions, tomatoes, black olives, mushrooms, green peppers
Nutrition 180 calories in a slice seven grams of protein five grams of sugar
Pizza Hut is not known for being among the most healthy pizza restaurants, However, they are trying to appeal to those with a healthy lifestyle – the Veggie Lover’s pizza being one of their most popular items. Since it doesn’t have a greasy, thick crust, you don’t have to fret about eating lots of carbs. In addition, plenty of vegetables on top are a great substitute for other unhealthy toppings.
Healthy Choose from Cici’s Alfredo: Spinach Alfredo
Ingredients: Alfredo sauce, mozzarella, provolone, parmesan, spinach
Nutrition Amount: 160 calories per slice 5 grams protein 1 one gram of sugar
Its Spinach Alfredo is part of Cici’s flatbread range, which has been a major factor to make Cici’s one the most nutritious pizza spots to go. The two other flatbreads include The Chicken Bacon Club and the Honey BBQ Chicken.
Healthy Choice From Papa John’s Garden Fresh Pizza with thin-crust
Ingredients: Olives, mushrooms, green peppers, onions, Roma tomatoes, mozzarella
Dietary Guidelines: Nutritional Information: 230 calories for a slice 8 grams of protein and 3 grams sugar
Papa John’s, along with other traditional pizza joints is making progress towards becoming one of the most healthy pizza joints. Today, they have”what they refer to as “Lighter Choices” including the Mediterranean Veggie, Hawaiian Chicken, Tropical Luau, and Chicken and Veggie.
A healthy selection at Marco’s Hawaiian Chicken Pizza
Ingredients Chicken, ham pineapple, bacon three-cheese mix Marco’s sauce
The nutritional value of a slice is 230 calories for a slice 14g of protein two grams of sugar
A Hawaiian Chicken Pizza from Marco’s might contain a bit less in calories per piece than some other choices from the best pizza establishments However, most of the calories come from protein and therefore it’s an excellent value for money.
Healthy Pick from Papa Murphy’s Herb chicken Meditteranean
Ingredients Mozzarella and garlic and spinach, sun-dried tomatoes cheese, feta, herbs
Dietary Guidelines: 220 calories for a slice 12,g of protein and 3 grams of sugar
Papa Murphy’s is famous due to its status as one of the most healthy pizza spots as well as being the largest “Take ‘N Bake” restaurant that allows customers to walk into the store, purchase pizza, and then take it home to cook it up at convenience. You can make your own pizza, or choose one of the recipes that are popular with customers However if you’re looking to make sure your pizza is as nutritious as it can be, you should choose the ingredients yourself.
Tips When Ordering From the Healthiest Pizza Places:
The most healthy pizza restaurants are only able to offer a small portion of your diet. Your choices will determine the degree of “healthy” they actually are for you. Here are some suggestions for ordering your next pizza or food item from the pizza restaurant of your choice whatever it is:
- Try not to eat more than 2 slices of pizza every day. This way, you will be able to cut down on 500 calories from pizza eating. You can think of it as something to enjoy instead of a diet fad. The idea of it as a cheat-day item will cause you to crave to have it again!
- Use thin-crust pizzas. A thick crust pizza can immediately add 300 calories to two slices. Thin crust pizzas have about 150-200 calories per two slices.
- Pick your toppings carefully. Make sure to choose veggie pizzas that contain healthy toppings like olives, spinach, mushrooms, and red and green bell peppers or pineapples. If you are able, ask for less ham for your pineapple pizza and ham.
- Learn about which cheeses to choose. One big trick is to avoid cheese-laden pizzas and opt for tomato-based pizzas. The less cheese means fewer calories, however, if you are able, ask you to choose cheddar over mozzarella because it is 1/3 of the typical mozzarella pizza’s calories.
- Choose individual size. These are smaller and can give you the idea of getting a “whole” pizza for yourself whenever you choose to order this. To make it even more enjoyable opt for the thin-crust pizza that you can get the same pizza flavor without the bulk.
- Make sure to balance it with the beverage you pick. Instead of going all out with the pizza you ordered for dinner take a step back and cut down on the calories and drink juice instead. Orange juice or pineapple can be excellent pizza toppings, particularly when you’ve already ordered pizza that is based on vegetables.
If you’re not in search of the most nutritious pizza restaurants take a look at these other healthier fast food alternatives.