Copycat Taco Bell Crunchwrap Supreme
Taco Bell’s Crunchwrap Supreme was a brilliant idea that was first introduced. The concept was to mix three concepts that are popular into a delicious wrapCrispy ground taco made of beef and a soft taco along with their famous nacho cheese. All of it is sandwiched together and then grilled into an enormous quesadilla.
Do you think you could easily create a Crunchwrap Supreme yourself from home? It could even be better than Taco Bell’s recipe. Follow this Taco Bell Beef recipe here to ensure that the taste is as authentic as you can find it.
It’s easy to wrap but there’s a trick that makes it a breeze by using large flour tortillas and crispy tostada shells. Crunch wraps can be served with salsa or sour cream on top, or take it all by itself you won’t be disappointed.
It’s a lot of fun to cook for the entire family, and everyone will be delighted. Find the complete recipe below. Make sure to follow our suggestions to wrap the tortillas in flour so that they remain in place. It’s akin to an art and it may require some practice but you’ll be tempted to eat this delicious frequently, and we’re confident you’ll master it.
|Prep Time||Cook Time||Total Time|
|20 min||25 min||45 min|
- 1 lb. ground beef
- 1 tsp. chili powder
- 1/2 tsp. ground paprika
- 1/2 tsp. ground cumin
- Kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 8 large flour tortillas
- 1/2 c. nacho cheese sauce
- 4 tostada shells
- 1 c. sour cream
- 2 c. shredded lettuce
- 1 c. chopped tomatoes
- 1 c. shredded cheddar
- 1 c. shredded Monterey Jack
- 1 tbsp. vegetable oil
- In a large nonstick skillet over medium heat, combine the ground beef and all of the spices, and season it with a pinch of salt and pepper.
- Break up the meat with a wooden spoon as it cooks, until it’s no longer pink, about 6 minutes.
- Drain the fat, place the beef in another bowl or container, and wipe the skillet clean.
- In a separate area, stack 4 of the large flour tortillas on top of each other, and place a tostada shell in the center.
- Using a paring knife, trace around the edges of the tostada shell to cut 4 smaller flour tortilla rounds.Build Crunchwraps:
- Add a scoop of ground beef to the center of each of the remaining 4 large flour tortillas, leaving a generous border for folding.
- Drizzle the nacho cheese sauce over the ground beef, and then place a tostada shell on top.
- Next, add lettuce, tomato, and cheeses on top of the tostada shell.
- Place one of the smaller flour tortilla cutouts on top, and tightly fold the edges of the large tortilla toward the center, creating pleats. Quickly invert Crunchwraps so pleats are on the bottom and they stay together.
- In the same skillet over medium heat, heat the vegetable oil.
- Add the Crunchwrap seam-side down and cook until the tortilla is golden, about 3 minutes per side.
- Repeat with the remaining Crunchwraps.
- You can make your own nacho cheese or queso dip, or pick up a jar at the store. Instead of drizzling the cheese over the ground beef, you could also stir it into the ground beef in the skillet. The cheese acts as glue so that it’s easier to scoop the beef for assembly, and it ensures that every bite of beef has cheesy sauce on it.
- You could substitute ground beef for ground chicken or ground turkey for a leaner option.
- You can also create a vegetarian option by omitting the ground beef.
- Be sure to fold the large flour tortillas quickly so the wrap doesn’t fall apart during assembly. Also, be sure that your skillet is hot before you place your Crunchwrap on it.
For more Taco Bell foods you can make at home, check out our copycat Taco Bell Mexican Pizza Recipe.