Copycat California Pizza BBQ Chicken Pizza
The California Pizza Kitchen Bbq Chicken Pizza is simply delicious because you can enjoy this delicious, restaurant-style pizza without ever needing to leave the house.
This recipe will show you how to create the pizza dough yourself which will let it feel professional pizza maker.
Our family hosts pizza night every week, at least Take-out pizza is an option however, it’s sometimes more enjoyable to involve the entire family to be involved in the preparation procedure.
This is a very simple recipe, even though the preparation duration is a bit lengthy. Don’t let this put you off as the majority of time is spent letting the dough rise as well as making sure the oven is ready to bake.
You’ll need to prepare the oven for at least one hour prior to cooking your pizzas. Make a note of this. This recipe makes two BBQ chicken pizzas. Remember that they’re thin-crust pizzas, which means they don’t provide much in the way of calories. I usually cook two pizzas to feed a family of four.
Make sure you read the entire recipe and also some of our suggestions for making this delicious and easy BBQ chicken pizza. This is delicious as a stand-alone dish or paired with salad or pasta. Personally, I enjoy my glass with a glass of wine.
|Prep Time||Cook Time||Total Time|
|1.5 hours||10 min||1 hour & 40min|
- 8 ounces chicken breasts grilled
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 tablespoons barbecue sauce (we use a spicy-sweet sauce)
- 2 tablespoons semolina for handling the dough
- 1/2 cup barbecue sauce (we use a spicy-sweet sauce)
- 2 tablespoons Gouda cheese, shredded
- 2 cups mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 1/4 cup red onion, sliced
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
For the pizza dough
(makes 2 14″ pizzas)
- 1 teaspoon yeast dry active
- 1 1/4 cup water warm
- 1 cupcake flour not self-rising
- 2 1/2-3 cup flour all-purpose
- 2 teaspoon salt
- Olive oil
Preparing the Chicken
- In a large frying pan, cook the chicken in olive oil over medium-high heat until just cooked, 5 to 6 minutes. Do not overcook. Set aside in the refrigerator until chilled through. Once chilled, coat the chicken with two tablespoons BBQ sauce; set aside in the refrigerator.
Preparing the Pizza Dough
- Add yeast to warm water & allow to sit for 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a large bowl, combine flour and salt.
- Add the yeast mixture & stir to form a soft dough. Then turn the dough onto a lightly floured surface. Knead until smooth and elastic, adding more flour as needed.
- Coat a bowl with olive oil, and place the dough in the bowl, turning it once to make sure it’s completely covered with oil. Cover the bowl of dough, and let it rise in a warm place. The dough should double in volume (1 to 1 1/2 hours).
- Flatten the dough and divide it in half. Shape each piece into a ball, and let them rise for another hour.
- Roll the dough out into 2 pizza crusts.
Putting the Pizzas Together
- Place a pizza stone in the center of the oven and preheat to 500 degrees for one hour before cooking the pizzas. Use a large spoon to spread 1/4 of a cup of BBQ sauce evenly over the surface of the prepared dough within the rim. Then sprinkle 1 tablespoon smoked Gouda cheese and 3/4 cup shredded mozzarella over the sauce. Distribute half the chicken pieces evenly over the cheese of each pizza, and then place slices of red onion over the top. Finally, sprinkle an additional 1/4 cup mozzarella over the top of each pizza.
- Transfer the pizzas to the oven- one at a time or both at once. Bake until the crust is crisp and golden and the cheese at the center is bubbly, which is about 8 to 10 minutes. When the pizza is cooked, carefully remove it from the oven; Repeat with the remaining ingredients for a second pizza.
Serving the BBQ Chicken Pizza
- Sprinkle 1 tablespoon of cilantro over the pizza. Slice and serve.
- Be sure to allow the correct amount of time for the dough to rise for a crispy pizza crust.
- Don’t forget to pre-heat your oven at least 1 hour before cooking your pizzas.
- You can use any of your favorite cheeses. It might not taste exactly like California Pizza Kitchen’s version, but that’s the beauty of making it yourself!
- To make this a vegetarian option, simply omit the chicken. The sauces, cheeses, and veggies still taste great together. I usually make one with chicken and one without.
- If you’re preparing more dough than you need right now, you can freeze pizza dough to use later. Let the dough completely rise, then divide it into pieces portioned for single pizzas. The dough will last for up to 3 months in a freezer bag or airtight container.
What’s on California Pizza Kitchen BBQ Chicken pizza?
California Pizza Kitchen BBQ Recipe Chicken Crispy Thin Crust Frozen Pizza offers exceptional taste using only the finest ingredients.
This pizza with a thin crust is BBQ-seasoned. It includes white meat chicken that has been grilled with red onions, mozzarella, cilantro, and hickory-smoked gouda cheeses topped with sweet and tangy BBQ sauce.
What’s on a BBQ chicken pizza from Pizza Hut?
Not to be missed last but not least, the Honey BBQ Chicken is topped with white meat chicken, bacon smoked on hardwood along with sweet sweet onions.
All pizzas are served with the Honey BBQ sauce and a freshly-tossed crust, with an acrid edge of cheddar. Nomz.