Chipotle Black Beans Recipe
Chipotle Black Beans Recipe Ever wonder what makes Chipotle’s Black Beans so much better than anyone else’s? There’s so much more that goes into the flavor than black beans alone, including tons of seasoning and rich flavors of onion, garlic, and chili pepper. This recipe is as close to the real thing as it gets, so you can create your own burrito, bowl, or salad at home with this copycat Chipotle Black Beans recipe.
|Serves||Prep Time||Cook Time||Total Time|
|6||5 min||35 min||40min|
- 2 tablespoons rice bran oil
- 3 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1 large can of black beans (29 ounces)
- 1 yellow onion
- 2 cups water
- 1 teaspoon chipotle chili powder
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 bay leaf
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- Drain the can of black beans. Put them in a colander and rinse them, then set them aside.
- Dice onion into small pieces.
- Sauté onions in rice bran oil on the stove over medium-high heat. Once they are soft (approximately 5 minutes), add the garlic. Stir together and cook until fragrant (about 30 seconds).
- Add all ingredients into the pan except for the lime juice. Boil the mixture, and then lower the heat so the beans can simmer for half an hour.
- Take the bay leaf out of the mixture and drizzle the black beans with the lime juice.
|Amount per serving|
|% Daily Value*|
|Total Fat 5.3g||7%|
|Saturated Fat 0.9g||5%|
|Total Carbohydrate 26.4g||10%|
|Dietary Fiber 4.9g||17%|
|Total Sugars 1.4g|
|Vitamin D 0mcg||0%|
|*The % Daily Value (DV) tells you how much a nutrient in a food serving contributes to a daily diet.2,000 calories a day is used for general nutrition advice.|
What brand of black beans does Chipotle use?
Condor, Blackhawk, Domino, Valentine, and Black Magic. This isn’t the name of a superhero group, it’s the tasty list of black bean varieties that we serve at Chipotle.
Don’t confuse them with the popular pinto beans that we serve at Chipotle Black beans are a great accompaniment to steak or chicken.
Are Chipotle black beans canned?
Black Beans You can use dried beans or canned beans in the making of Chipotle Black Beans. We’ve provided you with instructions on how to make both. Spices: to make them taste like Chipotle and Chipotle, we use chili powder, pepper cayenne, and cumin. These are for taste only and can be altered according to your preferences.
What type of beans does Chipotle have?
We could go on by describing the reasons why you should choose one over the other however the only thing that matters for us is the flavor. Pinto beans are rich and smoky. They have the depth of flavor that creates a tasty base for your culinary creation.