Beef Taco Recipe
Beef Taco Recipe Ground beef tacos are a great recipe for a quick and easy dinner on a weeknight and are also a great option to stretch your food budget.
For a family of four, there is only one pound of ground beef. It is also possible to prepare a large batch of beef, and then store the leftover portion in a freezer to be used for another meal.
It is possible to make so many variations to the recipe, that it could be made to meet your personal taste and diet. There is a vegan in the family. I leave out the beef and make additional beans using taco seasoning.
Sometimes, I place some beans through the blender to create an extra texture. I also divide all the toppings into various dishes and put them out at the tables “buffet style” so each of my children can pick the toppings they like best.
Taco evenings are always a major success in our home. It’s a lot of enjoyable to cook and share We usually have enough for several days.
This taco recipe that is quick and easy is not just delicious and easy to make, it also requires ingredients that you likely already have at hand. Take a look at the recipe as well as our notes for different variations below.
|Prep Time||Cook Time||Total Time|
|10 min||15 min||25 min|
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 lb. ground beef
- 1 (15-oz.) can fire-roasted tomatoes
- 1 (15-oz.) can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 tbsp. taco seasoning
- kosher salt
- 2 c. shredded cheddar or pepper jack
- 8 small flour tortillas
- Sliced green onions, for serving
- Sour cream, for serving
- In a large skillet over medium-high heat, cook the onion until soft, about 6 minutes.
- Add thawed ground beef and cook until it’s no longer pink, about 5 to 7 minutes more.
- Add the can of tomatoes, black beans, and taco seasoning, and sprinkle in a pinch of salt.
- Stir until combined.
- Add half of the shredded cheese, and stir until completely melted.
- Spoon the mixture into flour tortillas and fold in half. Garnish with green onions, and serve with sour cream and shredded cheese.
- You can also use crunchy tortilla shells instead of tortillas. Or you can use both- a soft flour tortilla on top of a crunchy shell.
- This meal can also be made into a vegetarian option by omitting the beef and adding extra beans. For a texture variation, you could blend the beans in a blender.
- You could make a spicy version by either adding pepper flakes to your seasoning, by adding a can of sliced jalapenos, or by pouring salsa over the top before serving.
- You could serve the beef over a bed of lettuce for a taco salad.
- Feel free to add any of your favorite toppings, like avocado slices, chopped cilantro, freshly diced tomatoes,
- Squeeze a lime wedge over the top for extra pizazz.
How do Mexican restaurants get their ground beef so fine?
Ever wondered why the taco meat that you can find in places or even in chili are minced SUPER precisely and how they do it to be this in the first place?
This is due to the process of cooking the meat prior to cooking. The method increases the temperature of the meat to a higher temperature and stops it from becoming clumpy and keeps it in finely ground.
What do you put inside tacos?
If you’re looking to stay classic The best toppings for tacos are cheese pico de gallo tomatoes, lettuce along with sour cream. However, you can also throw in jalapenos, caramelized onions green chiles, beans, and much more!
What makes a good taco?
The ingredients that make up the perfect taco are 1. that tortilla and number two either vegetable or protein; whatever is in you need it to be tasty and acid. Acid is needed to counterbalance the other ingredient that is fat. What preparation methods go to make tacos?