Beef & Broccoli Recipe
Beef and Broccoli The recipe The combination of broccoli and beef is a classic dish you can find in nearly all Chinese American restaurants, but you can make it easily at home by using two ingredients. It’s a simple stirring fry that is able to feed the entire family, and it’s easy to reheat in the morning.
One advantage of cooking beef and broccoli at your home is that you are able to utilize fresh ingredients and taste authentic tastes without any of the additives that restaurants might employ. This nutritious and healthy dish can be cooked, prepped, and served within 40 minutes.
My family is all about broccoli. They particularly love it when it is cooked in this manner because the sauce is deliciously sweet and delicious. It is possible to purchase the frozen bag or cut off florets from the head of broccoli both are delicious.
The tender flanks of beef create a dish that is juicy and firm – the fresher the meat the more flavorful. We usually serve our beef and broccoli with a bowl of rice. This recipe makes additional sauce, which is great to drizzle over the rice.
See our recipe for Beef and Broccoli below, and be sure to follow our tips for cutting and tenderizing the beef.
|Prep Time||Cook Time||Total Time|
|10 min||30 min||40 min|
- 2/3 c. low-sodium soy sauce, divided
- Juice of 1/2 lime
- 3 tbsp. packed brown sugar, divided
- 2 tbsp. cornstarch, divided
- Kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1 lb. sirloin steak, sliced thinly against the grain
- 2 tbsp. vegetable oil
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/3 c. low-sodium beef (or chicken) broth
- 2 tsp. Sriracha (optional)
- 1 head broccoli, cut into florets
- Sesame seeds, for garnish
- Thinly sliced green onions, for garnish
- In a medium bowl, whisk together 1/3 cup of soy sauce, lime juice, 1 tablespoon brown sugar, and 1 tablespoon cornstarch until combined.
- Add sliced steak pieces, season with salt and pepper, and toss until steak is coated with the sauce. Marinate in the bowl for 20 minutes.
- In a large skillet over medium-high heat, heat the vegetable oil. Add the steak slices in a single layer, working in batches if needed. Cook until seared, about 2 minutes per side. Remove the steak and set it aside.
- Stir in garlic, and cook until fragrant, about 1 minute.
- Stir in the remaining 1 tablespoon cornstarch until the garlic is coated.
- Next stir in the beef (or chicken) broth, the remaining 2 tablespoons brown sugar, the remaining 1/3 cup of soy sauce, and Sriracha. Bring this mixture to a simmer. Add the broccoli florets and simmer until they’re tender, for about 5 minutes.
- Season the sauce with salt and pepper (if necessary), and return the steak to the skillet.
- Garnish with sesame seeds and green onions before serving.
Beef & Broccoli Recipe FAQs
Is beef and broccoli fattening?
Beef and broccoli
It’s a fairly healthy dish that is low in carbohydrates and packed with protein. It’s usually prepared with fattened cut pieces of beef. 1 cup (217 grams) has 336 calories and 23, grams of fat as well as 23g of protein ( 5 grams). )
How do you make beef tender?
8 simple tricks to make the meat more supple
- Make use of your meat tenderizer. An easy and quick method is to use this meat tenderizer.
- The meat should be covered by sprinkling salt.
- Acid marinade. …
- Marinade made with a puree of fruit.
- Slow cooking in the pan.
- Sprinkle the salt in the middle through the cooking.
- Use baking soda.
What kind of beef is used for stir fry?
The most tender cuts of beef include sirloin, tri-tip the ribeye Top loin (strip) tenderloin, the shoulder middle (Ranch Steak), shoulder top blade (Flat Iron), and shoulder petite tender are cut into strips to be used in stir-fry dishes.